Rechercher dans ce blog

Saturday, February 18, 2023

Young country diary: I found a little criminal - The Guardian

little.indah.link

I just knew it wasn’t a normal day – it felt different. There was a nip in the air and it was misty. I ran outside, the leaves crunching beneath me. We went to the small wood, with its exotic scents – a breeze of weeds, nettles and wet, freshly cut timber.

When we reached the clearing in the wood, I saw a little field mouse which looked as hungry as ever, with a twig held tightly in its tiny teeth. As plenty of nature books say, if you see an animal you should keep very still. So that is what I decided to do. The field mouse sat still and looked back at me for a bit. After a while it gave up the staring contest and scampered to a nearby tree covered with fresh green moss and started hitting it with the twig.

Anoushka on her way to the wood.

Soon I realised why. The mouse was trying to get to some wheat grain that I could see was in the middle of a squirrel’s tree hole. What a cheek! Trying to steal from somebody else’s house! I felt sorry for the squirrel in that hole. Our little rodent succeeded after several tries and I skipped home thinking, “I found a little criminal.”
Anoushka, eight

Adblock test (Why?)

The Link Lonk


February 18, 2023 at 06:00PM
https://news.google.com/rss/articles/CBMiYWh0dHBzOi8vd3d3LnRoZWd1YXJkaWFuLmNvbS9lbnZpcm9ubWVudC8yMDIzL2ZlYi8xOC95b3VuZy1jb3VudHJ5LWRpYXJ5LWktZm91bmQtYS1saXR0bGUtY3JpbWluYWzSAWFodHRwczovL2FtcC50aGVndWFyZGlhbi5jb20vZW52aXJvbm1lbnQvMjAyMy9mZWIvMTgveW91bmctY291bnRyeS1kaWFyeS1pLWZvdW5kLWEtbGl0dGxlLWNyaW1pbmFs?oc=5

Young country diary: I found a little criminal - The Guardian

https://news.google.com/search?q=little&hl=en-US&gl=US&ceid=US:en

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Nikki Haley's super PAC spent big to fuel her rise. It started 2024 with little left. - NBC News

little.indah.link The super PAC backing former U.N. Ambassador Nikki Haley entered the election year in January with just $3.5 million in...

Popular Posts