Rechercher dans ce blog

Friday, November 10, 2023

'Invisible Generals' tells story of 1st Black U.S. generals - PBS NewsHour

little.indah.link

Geoff Bennett:

This Veterans Day weekend, Americans across the country will honor those who have served our nation in uniform.

A new book explores the legacy of two exceptional veterans whose contributions have gone largely unknown until now. Author Doug Melville recounts his family history and tells the barrier-breaking stories of father and son Benjamin O. Davis Sr. and Jr., the country's first Black generals.

He recently told me how watching the movie "Red Tails," George Lucas' 2011 film about the Tuskegee Airmen, inspired him to write the book "Invisible Generals: Rediscovering Family Legacy, and a Quest to Honor America's First Black Generals."

Doug Melville, Author, "Invisible Generals: Rediscovering Family Legacy, and a Quest to Honor America's First Black Generals": So, I was invited to a screening, an advanced screening of the movie "Red Tails."

And when the commander of the "Red Tails" came out on screen, it was played by actor Terrence Howard. But while I was thinking that they were going to say General Colonel Davis, who was commanding the Tuskegee Airmen, the name that they used was Colonel Bullard. I was quite upset about it.

I went home, I tell my dad, I was furious, and he said: "If you think changing the names are bad, why don't I tell you the full family story?"

And he shared with me the story of the invisible generals. I was so inspired, Geoff, that I immediately said, I have to be the one to bring this story to the world so the true heroes can get their stories out into the universe.

Adblock test (Why?)

The Link Lonk


November 11, 2023 at 06:20AM
https://news.google.com/rss/articles/CBMibmh0dHBzOi8vd3d3LnBicy5vcmcvbmV3c2hvdXIvc2hvdy9pbnZpc2libGUtZ2VuZXJhbHMtY2hyb25pY2xlcy1saXR0bGUta25vd24taGlzdG9yeS1vZi0xc3QtYmxhY2stdS1zLWdlbmVyYWxz0gFyaHR0cHM6Ly93d3cucGJzLm9yZy9uZXdzaG91ci9hbXAvc2hvdy9pbnZpc2libGUtZ2VuZXJhbHMtY2hyb25pY2xlcy1saXR0bGUta25vd24taGlzdG9yeS1vZi0xc3QtYmxhY2stdS1zLWdlbmVyYWxz?oc=5

'Invisible Generals' tells story of 1st Black U.S. generals - PBS NewsHour

https://news.google.com/search?q=little&hl=en-US&gl=US&ceid=US:en

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Nikki Haley's super PAC spent big to fuel her rise. It started 2024 with little left. - NBC News

little.indah.link The super PAC backing former U.N. Ambassador Nikki Haley entered the election year in January with just $3.5 million in...

Popular Posts