Rechercher dans ce blog

Monday, August 15, 2022

'Sturdier' Lamar Jackson Might Be a Little Faster - BaltimoreRavens.com

little.indah.link

"I just wanted to look the part. I just wanted to look a little sturdy back there, look a little big," Jackson said. "I felt like it worked. I'm still fast, I'm still moving around how I was before; I just added a little more weight."

The other part of the equation is Jackson's fitness to absorb hits. He had 147 carries (in just seven starts) as a rookie in 208. Jackson had 176 carries in 2019, 159 in 2020 and was on pace for 188 last season.

Of course, many of those aren't called runs. Last year, Jackson was often left scrambling behind an injury-hampered offensive line that also yielded a career-high 38 sacks on Jackson despite playing in 12 games. But there's no doubt that, even as Jackson continues to progress as a passer, running will always be a staple of his game.

Jackson's running has always, and will continue to, lead to questions about his sustainability. That debate is raging once again, at least in the media, with Jackson and the Ravens negotiating a contract extension.

Jackson missed the stretch run of last season because of an ankle injury when a Cleveland Browns defender dove onto his ankle just after he let go of a pass – not on a designed run or scramble. Thus, Jackson stiff-armed a question about his sustainability.

"Do you know how the injury happened? Trying to pass in the pocket," Jackson said. "I feel like that's a no-brainer. I've been good [with] how I've been playing. But when I tried to shed and stay in the pocket, I got hurt for the first time. So, yes, I think it speaks for itself."

Adblock test (Why?)

The Link Lonk


August 15, 2022 at 11:47PM
https://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/lamar-jackson-sturdier-might-be-faster-muscle-weight-sustainability

'Sturdier' Lamar Jackson Might Be a Little Faster - BaltimoreRavens.com

https://news.google.com/search?q=little&hl=en-US&gl=US&ceid=US:en

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Nikki Haley's super PAC spent big to fuel her rise. It started 2024 with little left. - NBC News

little.indah.link The super PAC backing former U.N. Ambassador Nikki Haley entered the election year in January with just $3.5 million in...

Popular Posts