Rechercher dans ce blog

Friday, December 8, 2023

Merry Little Batman: Luke Wilson Discusses Becoming the Dark Knight - CBR - Comic Book Resources

little.indah.link

Even though he's known as the Dark Knight, Batman doesn't need to be brooding and sulky all the time. Prime Video's Merry Little Batman proves it, showcasing a heartfelt story that can best be described as Home Alone meets Batman Returns with a touch of Ronald Searle's distinctive animation style. In this holiday tale, the young Damian Wayne (Yonas Kibreab) takes on Gotham City's greatest villains while his father, Batman (Luke Wilson), is away on a mission and scrambling to get home for Christmas.

CBR caught up with Wilson to discuss why he keeps coming back to the world of DC and superheroes after starring as Pat Dugan in Stargirl for three seasons. The actor also revealed the details behind his Batman voice, or lack thereof, and explained his natural reaction to some of the hilarious changes made to the Dark Knight's mythology in Merry Little Batman.

Batman fighting Riddler in Merry Little Batman

CBR: From Stargirl to Merry Little Batman, you have played quite a bit in the DC sandbox lately. What is it about the DC universe that keeps drawing you back?

Luke Wilson: Yeah, I have gotten lucky. I got lucky on Stargirl that I met with Geoff Johns, and he hired me to play Pat Dugan. That was almost a four-year partnership that we had. That was really fun. I grew up reading Mad magazine. I always really enjoyed comic book art, but I didn't really read any particular comic book, so it was a fun thing for me to be a part of that. And in terms of Merry Little Batman, that was just kind of a coincidence -- at least on my part -- that I got to do something else that was also DC-related. DC and Marvel have really become a part of the entertainment industry.

Related
See What Christmas Memory Batman Went to Great Lengths to Protect
We continue our countdown of your picks for the greatest Christmas comic stories with a look at Batman haunted by his Christmas past

A lot of Batman actors tend to mask their voices to get the gruff, "I'm Batman" voice. For this movie, you tend to use your normal voice. Was this an intentional choice?

[Laughs]. In retrospect, of course, I'm like, "Gosh, should I have done a deeper, more gravelly voice?" I think just based on the title being Merry Little Batman -- which I thought was great and so funny, and then the script was really good -- I was also thinking about kids watching it. When a kid, or even my nephews, watches a movie or something, they're so dialed in and focused. I just wanted to have a real sense of enthusiasm and fun in my voice. It was more a voice -- like a Willy Wonka type -- "Hey, follow me" kind of take on it. That was my version of it.

Damian Wayne flying over villains in Merry Little Batman

I laughed at some of the hilarious changes made to the Batman mythology in the movie, such as Selina being a cat and Jim Gordon being absolutely useless at his job. How did you react when you read the script for the first time and came across these changes to the Batman lore?

Well, a lot of them I was unaware of. I was used to things like Alfred being different over the years. It's like the changes that happen in James Bond, but I wasn't that well-versed in the world of Batman. So, to me, they just seem humorous. But just the fact that Batman was a bumbling father who was more comfortable fighting crime than he was taking care of his son and giving him a special bracelet so that he knew where he was all the time… That stuff I found really funny. Hopefully, it's the classic thing where you make [the movie], and you want kids to like it, but you also know the parents are going to be there, so you want them to get a kick out of it, too.

Merry Little Batman
Merry Little Batman

Little Damian Wayne confronts enemies in his city after finding himself alone at Wayne Manor.

Release Date
December 8, 2023
Director
Mike Roth
Cast
Luke Wilson , Yonas Kibreab , James Cromwell
Genres
Comedy , Family
Writers
Morgan Evans , Jase Ricci , Etan Cohen
Producer
Rebecca Palatnik
Production Company
Amazon MGM Studios, DC Entertainment, Warner Bros. Animation.

Merry Little Batman swoops onto Prime Video on Friday, Dec. 8.

Adblock test (Why?)

The Link Lonk


December 08, 2023 at 08:56AM
https://news.google.com/rss/articles/CBMiPmh0dHBzOi8vd3d3LmNici5jb20vbWVycnktbGl0dGxlLWJhdG1hbi1sdWtlLXdpbHNvbi1pbnRlcnZpZXcv0gEA?oc=5

Merry Little Batman: Luke Wilson Discusses Becoming the Dark Knight - CBR - Comic Book Resources

https://news.google.com/search?q=little&hl=en-US&gl=US&ceid=US:en

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Nikki Haley's super PAC spent big to fuel her rise. It started 2024 with little left. - NBC News

little.indah.link The super PAC backing former U.N. Ambassador Nikki Haley entered the election year in January with just $3.5 million in...

Popular Posts